Monday, November 23, 2009

Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No

In 1970 Major League Baseball player Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter for the Pittsburgh Pirates while on acid. For part of the game he was convinced Nixon was the umpire and that Jimi Hendrix was at the plate.

As Ellis recounted it:
"I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria...The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't...I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate."

Now No Mas presents James Blagden’s Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No:



Um, why are sports people drug tested? It would be way more impressive if they were reppin in LSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment