Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Modern Patrick Bateman











































"I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess, I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy."

When looking through photographer Matt Irwin’s shoot in the new June issue of Dazed, you can’t help but think of Patrick Bateman and his victims. Or, indeed, one of his warped soliloquies about the task of murdering people. Also reminiscent of the abundant artery splashes in any one of Dario Argento’s films, the shoot is an out-ant-out gore-fest. “There are obvious nods to American Psycho in the story,” says Irwin. “But what I really wanted to get across was a feeling of decomposition - of a situation degrading, becoming worse and irreversible.”

Extracted from: Dazed and Confused

No comments:

Post a Comment