Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh (Mc)Kane, you've done it again










I have just spent a good couple of hours browsing style.com and frothing at the mouth over Paris Fashion Week's Fall 09 offerings...and my first comment, lamely borrowing from the TV jingle, is: oh, (Mc)Kane, you've done it again.

Christopher Kane is perhaps my favourite designer ever. Fluctuating between the rainbow neon-bright and black monochrone, amazingly intricate ribbon-appliquéd dresses and gawdy, plastic Flinestones/dinosaur-inspired numbers, every one of his collections has left me in utter awe. And his most recent offering does not dissapoint.

I love the tom boy elements - tossled, just got outta bed hair, and black patent brogues. The detailed panelling is ah-mazing and the textures are gorgeous. I especially love the crushed velvet dresses which strangely resemble shiny, Easter egg wrapping. The sunset colour palette reminds me of the ubiquitous galaxy print of Ksubi, Stretsis and Josh Goot, a Summer trend that I actually really loved and am glad to see again on a Winter runway. Also, apparently this collection was inspired in part by cockroaches. Rad.




No comments:

Post a Comment